Consultancy skills training from AssistKD
Since the company's foundation in 1986, AssistKD has combined providing consultancy services alongside its training offerings. AssistKD also provides a range of courses providing practical training in consultancy skills for both external and internal consultants.
Increasingly, organisations are establishing in-house consultancy capabilities recognising that internal consultants:
- have the advantage of knowing the organisation and its culture
- understand the policies, processes, systems and organisational politics within which effective business change must be implemented
- provide ongoing support to managers as they adapt the organisation to an ever-changing external environment.
However, external consultants are employed by organisations for a variety of reasons including to:
- supplement the in-house resources for defined-term projects
- provide expertise not available in-house
- provide objectivity and impartiality in addressing business problems and issues
- bring business domain best practice to bear on the organisation's processes and procedures.
AssistKD's courses are accredited or endorsed by several qualification bodies. These include the Chartered Management Institute. The following course is accredited by CMI:
- IS Consultancy Practice leading to the CMI (and Institute of Consulting) Certificate in Consultancy Essentials
ISEB - a division of BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT. The following courses lead to ISEB qualifications:
- IS Consultancy Practice (written examination and oral)
- Business Analysis Essentials
- Foundation in IT-enabled Business Change