1 hour open-book, scenario-based examination preceded by 15 minutes reading time.
Holders of the BCS BSD Certificate in Data Management Essentials should be able to:
- Act as members of a Data Management team within an organisation
- Implement an industry standard "best practice" approach to their Data Management work
- Understand the roles and skills required in database administration, data administration and repository administration
- Contribute to Technology Direction Evaluation
- Aid in the construction of a Data Charter
- Practise basic data administration, database administration and repository administration skills
- Develop procedures for managing an organisation's corporate data resource
There are no specific pre-requisites for entry to the examination, however candidates should be suitably prepared and possess the appropriate skills and knowledge to fulfil the objectives above.
Our Data Management Essentials course prepares you for this examination. The examination is taken at the end of the course.
The examination can also be taken directly
This is a specialist certificate in the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis.