1 hour open-book, scenario-based examination preceded by 15 minutes reading time.
Holders of the BCS Certificate in Integrating off-the-shelf solutions should be able to:
- Establish the strategic issues of the off-the-shelf software package approach
- Define a framework for effective software package selection
- Define a framework for effective customisation and integration
- Define functional requirements at the appropriate level
- Develop a checklist of non-functional requirements
- Define product and supplier requirements
- Define system integration requirements
- Structure and distribute the Request For Proposals (RFP)
- Identify and investigate potential off-the-shelf software package solutions
- Present recommendations about the fit of a selected off-the-shelf software package against agreed requirements and define the implications of this
- Identify implementation and long-term support arrangements for the selected off-the-shelf software package and its customized elements
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the software package approach to systems development
There are no specific pre-requisites for entry to the examination, however candidates should be suitably prepared and possess the appropriate skills and knowledge to fulfil the objectives above.
Our Integrating Off-the-shelf Software Solutions course prepares you for this examination. The examination is taken at the end of the course.
The examination can also be taken directly.
This is a specialist certificate in the BCS Diploma in Solution Development.