1 hour open-book, scenario-based examination preceded by 15 minutes reading time.
Holders of the BCS Certificate in Requirements Engineering should be able to:
- Act as effective members of a team involved in eliciting and recording user requirements for an information system
- Recognise the nature of the requirements and the knowledge type to which they belong, and to select and use an appropriate elicitation technique
- Be familiar with a range of elicitation techniques and know how to apply them effectively
- Record and prioritise requirements, and be able to recognise and help resolve conflicting requirements
- Link project objectives/requirements to the Business Case
- Be aware of what CASE support exists for Requirements Engineering
There are no specific pre-requisites for entry to the examination, however candidates should be suitably prepared and possess the appropriate skills and knowledge to fulfil the objectives above.