From 1st January 2020, the Requirements Engineering examination will be closed book, and will last for one hour 15 minutes.
Holders of the BCS Certificate in Requirements Engineering should be able to:
- Act as effective members of a team involved in eliciting and recording user requirements for an information system
- Recognise the nature of the requirements and the knowledge type to which they belong, and to select and use an appropriate elicitation technique
- Be familiar with a range of elicitation techniques and know how to apply them effectively
- Record and prioritise requirements, and be able to recognise and help resolve conflicting requirements
- Link project objectives/requirements to the Business Case
- Be aware of what CASE support exists for Requirements Engineering
There are no specific pre-requisites for entry to the examination, however candidates should be suitably prepared and possess the appropriate skills and knowledge to fulfil the objectives above.