Organisations devote a lot of time, money and effort to ensure they manage important aspects of their business such as People, Finance and Assets, Processes and Infrastructure.
Many organisations don't recognise that, especially in the 21st Century, information and data are aspects equally deserving of their attention. Some may be under the impression that they do manage their information and data. The IT function within the organisation tends to develop and manage systems to requirements written by business analysts with data schemas developed by technical designers, and so the following issues need to be considered:
- Is the data and information fit for purpose? That is, does it support the needs of the organisation?
- Can business managers trust the information output from information systems in order to make significant decisions?
- Is the organisation meeting all the legislative and regulatory compliance issues related to data?
AssistKD's courses in this section are relevant to managers, analysts and developers and help them apply techniques in order to:
- Understand the business relevance, meaning (semantics) and rules that apply to the data by use of appropriate models, descriptions and requirements
- Apply these consistently across the organisation's various departments, processes and information systems
- Utilise Information Technology to store and manipulate the data appropriately.
- Transform and analyse the data to provide meaningful information to the organisation.
Data Management Essentials
Data Management is the practice of responsibly and professionally storing, connecting, managing and retrieving information held by an organisation. The AssistKD Data Management Essentials course will help delegates to:
- Understand the procedures required to manage corporate data and how different roles combine to provide an effective data management team.
- Learn about data, data quality and data management.
- Master the skills and techniques required to implement an industry standard, best practice approach to data management.
This course is highly recommended for business analysts, product managers, business managers, delivery managers, solution developers, project managers and anyone involved in managing corporate data or database administration who wishes to improve their data management skills.
Data Management Essentials is a Specialist Practitioner module for the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis.
Find out more about the AssistKD Data Management Essentials course here.
Read the Business Alchemist’s blog on why data management professionals, or business analysts trained in data management, are so useful to organisations.5 reasons why Data Management professionals are so useful | AssistKD
Data Analysis is a collection of skills, tools and techniques used to collect, organise and interpret data in order to obtain useful information and insights for organisations.
This two-day Data Analysis course is designed to help delegates:
- Understand two key data analysis and modelling approaches designed to meet the needs and priorities of organisations and business users: analysis class modelling and data normalisation.
- Learn about data analytics, which offers critical insights that drive decision making, helps organisations spot potential pitfalls and future trends, deepens understanding of customers, clients or users, and can even pinpoint why some projects succeed and others fail.
- Study techniques used to validate data against stated requirements.
- Gain an understanding of the data lifecycle, data quality and data ethics.
Ideal for business analysts, project managers, solution developers and anyone in an organisation with an interest in learning about Data Analysis and Data Analytics.
The Data Analysis course is an Analytical Skills module that counts towards the BCS Advanced International Diploma in Business Analysis.
Find out more about the AssistKD Data Analysis course here.
Why is data so important to organisations?
We live in a world that is becoming increasingly data driven. Those who understand data are at a distinct advantage. Data analytics provides critical insights that drive decision making, help organisations spot potential pitfalls and future trends, deepen understanding of customers, clients or users, and can even pinpoint why some projects succeed and others fail. AssistKD’s Data Analysis course now includes a module that introduces data analytics and using data for business decision-making.
How will Data Management or Data Analysis skills benefit me?
Mastering data analysis and modelling tools and techniques can offer significant benefit in this information age. Studying Data Analysis, Data Management and Business Intelligence will help to better understand data. If you can manage data and have the skills to extract meaningful and useful information from data, both you and your organisation will win.
What study materials are included with AssistKD’s Data Management and Data Modelling courses?
- Comprehensive course manuals, posted to you before the courses start.
- Privileged access to our e-learning suite.
- Access to our free Learning Zone.
What is the AssistKD learning experience like?
AssistKD’s virtual courses are engaging and interactive, led by training consultants with significant knowledge and experience.
You will log in (from anywhere there is Wi-Fi) using the link sent you by your trainer. You will meet your trainer and fellow delegates (who may be from anywhere in the UK, and even from the US or Europe). Our courses offer great networking opportunities, many delegates stay in touch with each other after training together.
During each course there are regular comfort and meal breaks, so you stay fresh and alert. You can expect plenty of discussion and active learning, break-out rooms with activities, quizzes, straw polls and more. The courses include group and individual exercises based on realistic case studies, which are designed to consolidate your learning.