Business analysts, project managers, solution and software developers and anyone who requires an introduction to architecture frameworks. Enterprise and Solutions Architecture Intermediate covers the BCS Intermediate certificate in Enterprise and Solutions Architecture.
This certificate is a Knowledge-based module on the BCS Diploma in Solution Development.
On this course, you’ll gain a thorough understanding of enterprise, solutions and related architectures. Some of the topics that you’ll cover along the way include enterprise and solution architecture principles and frameworks, data and software architecture and infrastructure and applications architecture.
You’ll discover all you need to know when it comes to architecture terms and concepts, and you’ll use illustrative exercises to get to grips with the BCS reference model for Enterprise and Solutions Architecture.
Presented to you by one of the expert training consultants pictured below, each member of our Enterprise and Solutions Architecture training team bring their substantial analysis, design and development skills to the programme.
To give you more of an idea of what you’ll learn and how the course will help you, here’s a quick guide to those three days.
- Introduction to enterprise and solution architecture
- Architecture precursors
- Architecture approaches
- Business architecture
- Data architecture
- Applications architecture
- Software architecture
- Design for non-functional requirements
- Infrastructure architecture
Architecture management (including migration planning)
Yes. During this three day course you’ll receive all the training you need to prepare for the hour long multiple choice BCS Enterprise and Solutions Architecture Intermediate certificate exam. A pass in this module will contribute to the BCS International Diploma in Solution Development.
You’ll also be given a comprehensive Enterprise and Solutions Architecture Intermediate course manual, containing additional information and guidance on further reading.
If this course is part of your BCS Diploma in Solution Development you also need to gain the Core SD Diploma modules, Systems Modelling Techniques and Systems Development Essentials - and one Practitioner module from; Enterprise and Solutions Architecture Practitioner, Business Analysis Practice, Systems Design Techniques and Integrating Off-the-shelf Software Solutions. The structure of the certification is shown here.
Solutions and Enterprise Architecture - Intermediate (a three-day course)
Introduction to Enterprise and Solution Architecture
- Value of Enterprise Architecture
- Core definitions
- Architectural domains
- Hierarchical / Layered architecture
- Architectural & related roles
Architecture pre-cursors (intermediate)
- Drivers, aims and directives
- Goals and Requirements
- Solution descriptions and plans
- Standards and constraints
- Dimensions of architecture
- Business case
Architecture approaches (intermediate)
- Architecture process frameworks
- Architecture descriptions
- Architecture process models
- Architecture content models (description frameworks)
Business architecture (intermediate)
- Business structure and behaviour
- Business Models
- Business capability, functions and services
- Business Data and security
Data architecture (intermediate)
- Data and information
- Data architecture structures for storage and data in motion
- Data qualities and integration
- Data architecture frameworks
Applications architecture (intermediate)
- Application vs Applications architecture
- Rationale for applications architecture
- Structural and behavioural models
- Design for application security
- Using application platforms
Software architecture (intermediate)
- System modelling and modular design concepts
- Component structures and patterns
- Component interoperation and communication styles
Design for Non-Functional Requirements (intermediate)
Infrastructure architecture (intermediate)
- Infrastructure architecture structure and behaviour models
- Building blocks
- Virtualisation and server consolidation
- Design for Infrastructure security
Architecture management and Migration planning
- Following a process
- Enterprise/Solution architecture and operations
- Enterprise/Solution architecture and governance
©Assist Knowledge Development Ltd.