Business analysts, project leaders, business change managers and anyone who need a practical introduction to IT-enabled business change. Foundation in Business Change is also a Specialist Foundation module on the BCS (ISEB) International Diploma in Business Analysis.
On our Foundation in Business Change training course you’ll become familiar with the business change lifecycle. As the course progresses you will also discover the techniques used in the development of business change made possible by IT. Some of the key topics here include business change implementation, benefits management and business and IT alignment.
This course is structured in a way that mirrors the actual business change process. You’ll cover everything from the initial investigation of the organisation, to the business change lifecycle and the implementation of the proposed changes.
Presented to you by one of the expert training consultants pictured below, each member of our Foundation in Business Change training team bring their substantial practical knowledge of business change projects to this programme.
- Business and IT alignment
- Business improvement definition
- Business change design
- Business change implementation
- Benefits management
Yes. During this three day course you’ll receive all the training you need to prepare for the BCS Foundation in Business Change certificate multiple choice examination, which is held on the final afternoon of the course. A pass means a Foundation certificate in Business Change and that puts you one step closer to a BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis.
Prior to the course start date, delegates can request 14 days complimentary online access to this module to allow them to familiarise themselves with the syllabus. You’ll also be given a comprehensive Foundation in Business Change course manual, containing additional information and guidance on further reading.
If this course is part of your BCS Diploma in Business Analysis programme you have a choice of further modules which include the Core BA Diploma modules, Business Analysis Practice and Requirements Engineering. Candidates who have already completed Foundation in Business Change also need to pass one of the Specialist Practitioner modules, from Benefits Management and Business Acceptance, Systems Modelling Techniques, Modelling Business Processes, Systems Development Essentials and Data Management Essentials. The structure of the certification is shown here.
Foundation in Business Change (a three-day course)
IT-enabled business change overview
- The role of IT in business change
- Four-view model of a business
- Lifecycle for business change
- Role of programme management
- Stakeholders and roles in business change
- Levels of business transformation
- Techniques for enabling business change
- Understanding the organisation and the business environment
- Strategic analysis techniques
- SWOT analysis
- Key areas for business/IT alignment
- Business architecture frameworks
- IT governance
Business improvement definition
- Principles of systemic thinking
- Gap analysis
- Content of a business case
- Options and feasibility
- Benefits classification
- Risk and impact analysis
- Investment appraisal
Business change design
- Business process improvement
- Work practice and organisational modelling
- Business information modelling and management
Business change implementation
- Planning the change implementation
- Acquiring IT solutions – procurement and development approaches
- Roles in business change implementation
- Organisational and international cultures
- Communications planning
- Approach to benefits management and realisation
- Features and benefits
- CSFs, KPIs and the balanced scorecard
©Assist Knowledge Development Ltd.