The Certificate for Technical Test Analysts is based on the ISTQB Advanced level syllabus. It extends the knowledge gained in the BCS/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing and is one of three certificated courses in the overall advanced scheme.
The advanced test analyst course is suitable for those who have achieved an advanced point in their careers and are expecting to be actively involved in test analysis, as well as those who want a deeper understanding of technical test analysis, such as project managers, quality managers and software development managers.
This three day, tutor-led course uses a mixture of slide presentations, lectures and practical exercises.
Online preparation for the examination is also provided.
The objectives of this course are to:
- prepare candidates for the examination for the Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst based on the ISTQB syllabus
- extend understanding of the technical aspects of software test analysis - its practical application and key components - and to enhance awareness of technical issues and constraints around software test analysis.
The objectives of the qualification are to:
- extend the coverage included in the ISTQB Foundation Certificate syllabus in Software Testing
- provide the advanced skills required by Technical Test Analysts by both building directly on the topics covered in the Foundation and introducing new skills particularly appropriate for the technical aspects of software testing.
This Advanced Level Qualification for Technical Test Analysts is aimed at all testing practitioners who hold the ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing, but particularly those with an interest in the technical areas of test analysis. A testing practitioner is anyone involved in software testing including:
- test analysts
- test engineers
- test consultants
- test managers
- user acceptance testers
- software developers
Candidates are required to hold the BCS/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing. In addition, it is strongly recommended by the syllabus board that candidates also have at least 18 months’ experience in Software Testing and take an accredited course before sitting the examination.
This course takes place over 3 days plus online preparation.
Over the 3 days the course will cover:
- Techniques for writing test cases
- Supporting activities
- Non-functional testing
- Static testing
Yes. This course prepares participants to sit the two-hour, multiple-choice examination leading to the Advanced Level certificate in Technical Test Analysis offered by the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB).
A comprehensive course manual is provided and the course can be tailored to reflect the emphasis required by the customer.
ISTQB Advanced Certificate for Technical Test Analysts (a five-day course)
Techniques for writing test cases
- Specification-based (black box) testing
- Code-based (white box) testing
- Defect- and Experience-based testing
- Incident Management
- Selection of the most appropriate testing techniques and reviews
- Testing of software characteristics, such as security, reliability, efficiency, maintainability and portability
- Performance testing tools
- Architecture-based reviews
- Code-based reviews
- Static analysis
©Assist Knowledge Development Ltd.