The ISTQB Advanced Test Manager training course is based on the ISTQB Advanced level syllabus. It extends the knowledge gained in the BCS/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing and is one of three certificated courses in the overall advanced scheme.
ISTQB Advanced Test Manager is suitable for those who are expecting to be actively involved in the management of any aspect of software testing.
This five-day, tutor-led course uses a mixture of slide presentations, lectures and practical exercises. The examination is normally scheduled to take place approximately 2 to 4 weeks following the course.
Online preparation for the examination is also provided.
Taking the BCS/ISTQB Foundation Certificate syllabus in Software Testing as its basis, the certificate and course build directly on key aspects of management:
- To prepare candidates for the examination for the Advanced Certificate for Test Managers
- To extend understanding of software test management - its practical application and key components - and to enhance awareness of issues and constraints around software test management.
This advanced level qualification for test managers is aimed at all testing professionals who hold the BCS/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing and who wish to gain greater knowledge and recognition of test management and its application.
The course is for anyone involved in software testing who will or wishes to become involved in software test management now or in the future, either directly or indirectly, including:
- test analysts
- test engineers
- test consultants
- test managers
- user acceptance testers
- project and programme managers
- software developers
Over the 5 days the course will cover:
- Basic aspects of software testing
- The testing process
- Test management
- Incident management
- Standards and test process improvement
- Test tools and automation
- People skills and team composition
The examination takes place approximately 2 weeks after the course has ended.
Yes. This course prepares participants to sit the two-hour, multiple-choice examination leading to the Advanced Level certificate in test management offered by the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB).
Course includes on-line exam preparation.
Examination takes place around a week after the course.
A comprehensive course manual is provided and the course can be tailored to reflect the emphasis required by the customer.
ISTQB Advanced Certificate for Test Managers (a five-day course)
Basic aspects of software testing
- Testing in the software lifecycle
- Testing for specific system types
- Metrics and measurement
The testing process
- Test planning and control
- Test implementation and execution
- Evaluating exit criteria and reporting
- Test closure activities
- Test management documentation
- Test plan documentation
- Test estimation
- Scheduling test planning
- Test progress monitoring and control
- Business value of testing
- Distributed, outsourced and insourced testing
- Introduction to risk-based testing
- Risk management
- Risk management in the lifecycle
- Failure mode and effect analysis
- Test management issues
- The principles of reviews
- Introducing reviews
- Success factors for reviews
- Process, evaluate, analyze defect and update defects taxonomy
Standards and test process improvement
- Improving the test process
- Different industry models
Test tools and automation
- Test tool concepts
- Test tool categories
People skills and team composition
- Individual skills
- Test team dynamics
- Fitting testing within an organisation
©Assist Knowledge Development Ltd.