Anyone who needs to understand the terminology and concepts underpinning MSP (4th edition, 2011) such as members of a Programme Office, business change team members, project delivery team members.
It is essential for those seeking Practitioner level certification such as programme managers, business change managers and senior responsible owners.
The MSP® Foundation course provides a comprehensive introduction to the MSP guidance (5th edition, 2020) enabling delegates to work effectively with those involved in the management of a programme or to act as an informed member of a programme office, business change team or project delivery team in an MSP environment.
Duration: 3 days
The course is interactive, combining presentations, discussions and exercises; including exam practice.
Delegates will be provided a printed course manual as well as a copy of the MSP book (4th edition, Axelos 2011). For virtual courses delegates will also be provided with a link to an electronic copy of the manual.
Yes, the format is:
- 75 multiple choice questions per paper with one mark available per question (including five trial questions not counted in score)
- 60 minutes, closed book.
- 35/70 marks or 50% required to pass
The MSP Foundation certificate is a pre-requisite for anyone sitting the MSP Practitioner certificate exam. Note that both can be prepared for on our 5 day MSP combined course.
Delegates involved with business change and project work may also consider other courses such as those in our Architecture, Business Analysis and project management sections.
MSP® (Managing Successful Programmes) Foundation (a three-day course)
- PT: Overview, principles, and governance themes overview
- OP: Organization and programme office
- VS: Vision
- LS: Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- BM: Benefits management
- BL: Blueprint design and delivery
- PL: Planning and control
- BC: The Business case
- RM: Risk and issue management
- QA: Quality and assurance management
- TF: Transformational flow
©Assist Knowledge Development Ltd.