Solution Architects, Business Architects, Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts and business change specialists. The course is also useful for software, data and infrastructure specialists looking to gain an understanding of the solution architecture domain.
This course focuses on the range of principles, skills and activities relevant to the Solution Architect role. Delegates gain an understanding of the key concepts and techniques involved in the development of a solution architecture. These can be applied within either the context of a formal Architecture function or within standalone projects and programmes.
Topics covered include the enterprise and business architecture context for solutions, strategic drivers, architectural principles and domains, stakeholder concerns and change governance.
Presented to you by one of the expert training consultants pictured below, each member of our Solution Architecture training team brings their substantial experience of solution architecture practice to the programme.
- Introduction to solution architecture
- The enterprise context
- The business architecture context
- The solution context
- Business solution architecture
- Information systems architecture
- Infrastructure architecture
- Solution architecture themes
- Architecture governance and change management
You’ll also be given a comprehensive Solution Architecture course manual, containing additional information and guidance on further reading. One last thing, this course enables participants to develop SFIA skills ARCH and DESN.
Candidates can select from a range of modules across several practitioner specialisms including Systems Modelling Techniques, Business Analysis Practice, Modelling Business Processes, Systems Development Essentials or Data Management Essentials. A number of advanced level modules are also available including Business Architecture, Agile Business Analysis and Benefits Planning and Realisation.
Solution Architecture (a three-day course)
Introduction to Solution Architecture
- Definition and rationale for solution architecture
- Relationship between solution architecture and software architecture
- Role clarity and the solution architect role
The Enterprise Context
- Elements of the enterprise change context
- Enterprise architecture domains and principles
- Enterprise gap analysis and the business change lifecycle
The Business Architecture Context
- Definition and rationale for business architecture
- The relationship between business and solution architecture
- Value propositions and solution architecture
- Business architecture techniques
The Solution Architecture Context
- Stakeholders and concerns
- Solution architecture and the solution overview
- Requirements and solution architecture
- Defining the solution architecture
Business Solution Architecture
- Holistic solution architecture
- Design choices for solution architecture
- Process and information architecture
Technology Solution Architecture
- Business solutions and enterprise architecture
- Modelling and business goals
- Application(s) and infrastructure architecture
Solution architecture themes
- Solution architecture and legacy systems
- Solution architecture and business intelligence
- Solution architecture and COTS (commercial off-the shelf solutions)
- Solution architecture and cloud
- Solution architecture and security
Architecture Governance and Change Management
- Governance frameworks
- Change management and P3M (portfolio, programme and project management)
- Solution implementation: lifecycles and approaches
- Solution architecture and change management
©Assist Knowledge Development Ltd.