This course is for anyone who wishes to extend or develop their facilitation skills.
This highly practical, interactive course is designed to familiarise you with a wide range of facilitation techniques, relevant to the workplace. Learn how to run facilitated workshops, from preparation to generating ideas through brainstorming and brainwriting. Other areas covered include building rapport, creative problem solving techniques such as Edward de Bono’s Six Thinking Hats, communication and conflict, and negotiation.
To give you more of an idea of what you’ll learn and how the course will help you, here’s a quick guide to the 2 days.
- Facilitated workshops
- Creative problem solving
- Managing expectations
- Managing conflict
For virtual courses a printed copy of the latest edition of the comprehensive course manual will be sent to your home address in good time for the start of your course. Our delegates tell us that having access to a physical document is beneficial as both a reference document and for taking notes during the course. In addition, a link will be emailed to you to enable you to access an electronic copy of the same comprehensive manual for convenient future reference.
There is no examination offered for this workshop, however all delegates attending will receive a digital badge. This digital badge can be added to an email signature or shared with peers on social media.
Facilitation Skills (a two-day course)
Facilitated workshops - introduction
- The benefits of facilitated workshops
- Roles in the workshop
- Stages of a workshop
- Workshop preparation
- Conduct of the workshop
- Group formation and learning styles
- Generating ideas
- Brainstorming and brainwriting
- Rapport defined
- Making an impact
- Building rapport
- The effect of body language
Creative problem solving
- Creative problem-solving approach
- Rich pictures
- Fishbone diagrams
- Stimulating creative thinking
- Edward de Bono’s Six Thinking Hats
- The communication process
- Barriers to communication
- Listening behaviours and active listening
Conflict and Negotiation
- Five conflict management positions
- Five negotiating positions
- Principled negotiation
- The people problem
- Principles negotiation stages
- Blocks to creative options in negotiation
©Assist Knowledge Development Ltd.