Business Analysts who have completed their two core and two specialist modules and want to be fully prepared for their BCS Business Analysis Oral exam.
Passing the BCS Oral Examination is the final step towards gaining your BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis. This Oral Preparation workshop has been designed to help you prepare thoroughly for your oral exam.
You will be interviewed by two BCS oral examiners who will evaluate whether you can put all the techniques you have learned from your certificate modules into an overall context and can prove that you have gained the analytical and interpersonal skills needed to be awarded the Diploma.
During the workshop you will have the opportunity to revise the core and specialist modules you have taken and prepare for what the examiners might ask you by practising sample oral questions.
The workshop is hosted by one of our senior trainers shown below, all of whom are BCS oral examiners.
To give you more of an idea of what you’ll learn and how the course will help you, here’s a quick guide to the day.
- Overview of the oral examination
- The Business Context
- Business analysis techniques
- Business case development
- Requirements definition
- Requirements management and documentations
- Practitioner specialism
- Oral examination hints and tips
You will also be given a comprehensive revision pack which explains what examiners are looking for, how to prepare for the exam and some sample questions and tips on the topics that might be covered as part of the practitioner specialist modules. N.B. You are not examined on the Knowledge-based specialist module.
For virtual workshops the revision pack will be sent to your home address in good time for the start of your workshop. Our delegates tell us that having access to a physical document is beneficial as both a reference document and for taking notes during the workshop.
In addition, a link will be emailed to you to enable you to access an electronic copy of the same comprehensive manual for convenient future reference.
The next and final step is the BCS Business Analysis Diploma Oral examination. Once you have passed this exam you will have gained your International Diploma in Business Analysis.
BCS Business Analysis Diploma - Oral Examination Preparation Workshop (a one-day course)
The business context
- The rationale for business analysis
- The holistic view of a business system
- Competencies of a business system
- Professionalism in business analysis
- Business environment analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Business performance measurement
- Business change lifecycle
Business analysis techniques
- Investigating and documenting business situations
- Stakeholders and perspectives
- Modelling business activities
- Business events and business rules
- Gap analysis
- Rationale for making a business case
- Contents of a business case
- The financial case
- Investment appraisal techniques
- Risk / impact analysis
- Lifecycle for the business case
- Requirements engineering
- Elicitation techniques and their relevance
- Rationale and approach for requirements analysis
- Rationale and approach for requirements validation
Requirements management and documentation
- Rationale and approach for requirements management
- Change and version control
- Types of requirements
- Legal issues and business analysis
- Documenting requirements
- Rationale for modelling requirements
- Approach to modelling processing and data
Selected practitioner specialism
- Relevance to role and responsibilities of the business analyst
- Relevance to the organisation
- Description and application of techniques and / or approaches from specialist module
During the workshop the trainer, who is always an experienced oral examiner, provides participants with practice in handling the types of questions that they will face in the oral examination and gives feedback on the participants’ answers and presentation.
Course outline ‐ ©Assist Knowledge Development Ltd.