Last week AssistKD Director, Lawrence Darvill visited the BGL Group to offer his views on what it takes to enjoy a successful career in Business Analysis. Lawrence’s background is in BA Recruitment and he ended his talk on Career Planning with the following advice for anyone embarking on a career in our profession.
- Consider the wider context to your role and where you might be positioned
- Assess the character of your role. Are you a translator or trusted adviser?
- Make clear plans on your future career
- Assess your skills mix and range of skills. Skill development can support your career plans.
- Keep pace with certification. It provides the wider insights and knowledge to enhance your skillset.
- Be prepared to step out of your comfort zone and take risks to solve business problems.
- Consider your personal branding.
- Take time to identify your career sweet spot
- Use your BA role as a platform for other careers.
If you would like to view the talk please visit knowledge-hub/videos