Business analysts, project managers, business change practitioners and anyone in business who needs to build and lead high-performing teams. Team Leadership is also a People Skills module on the BCS (ISEB) Advanced Diploma in Business Analysis.
If you’re leading a team to high performance in a changing environment you need to have the fundamental knowledge, skills and behaviours that will help you succeed.
This Team Leadership course gives you these skills and start by focussing on the key areas of self-awareness and participative leadership. You then go on to learn how to use positive communication and to manage time and priorities. Finally, you will learn how to build high performing teams and to lead your team through change.
Presented to you by our specialist management training partner, Skillsshift, each of their expert training consultants bring their substantial management experience to the programme.
To give you more of an idea of what you’ll learn and how the course will help you, here’s a quick guide to those two days.
- Introducing Leadership & Management
- Self-awareness & Emotional Intelligence
- Participative Leadership
- Positive Communication
- Building High Performance Teams
- Managing Time & Priorities
- Leading Teams Through Change
Yes. During this three day course you’ll receive all the training you need to prepare for the BCS Professional Certificate in Team Leadership examination, which is held on the final afternoon of the course. The examination for this certificate lasts for 90 minutes and consists of 40 scenario-based multiple-choice questions. The pass mark is 26/40 or 65%. A pass means you’re another step closer to achieving the BCS International Advanced Diploma in Business Analysis.
At present, due to the Covid-19 crisis, the exam is not available in a classroom environment. However, for delegates attending a virtual or online course, the exam may be taken using the BCS online proctoring service. This exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions with a pass mark of 26/40.
You’ll also be given a comprehensive Team Leadership course manual, containing additional information and guidance on further reading.
If this course is part of your BCS Advanced Diploma in Business Analysis programme you have a choice of further modules you can take including Business Architecture, Agile Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Advanced Requirements Engineering, Business Finance, Benefits Planning and Realisation and Stakeholder Engagement. The structure of the certification is shown here.
Team Leadership (a three-day course)
Introducing Leadership & Management
- Definitions of leadership and management
- Management behaviours – why they matter
- Role & responsibilities of a team leader
- Leadership styles, behaviours & traits
- Action centred leadership
- Leading by example
Self-awareness & Emotional Intelligence
- Understand others’ experience of us
- Gaining and using feedback to develop as a leader
- Concept of EQ
- Emotional intelligence competencies
- Develop management strategies
- Directive and non-directive styles of management
- Team engagement, motivation, development, and empowerment
- Situational Leadership
- The do’s and don’ts of delegation
- Building trust and respect
- Behaviour/Impact Cycle
- Voice, body language & words
- Communication styles: Assertive, Aggressive, Passive
Building High Performing Teams
- Definition of ‘performance’
- Team leader’s role in developing high performance
- Setting effective goals, objectives & measures
- Giving performance feedback
- Coaching for performance
- Dealing with under-performance
- Handling difficult conversations
Managing Time & Priorities
- Identifying priorities
- Managing your time effectively
- Making decisions & delegating
Leading Teams Through Change
- Understanding the effects of change on a team
- The Change Curve
- Communicating during change
- Planning and monitoring the implementation of change
©Assist Knowledge Development Ltd.