Business analysts, project managers, business change practitioners and anyone in business who needs to build and lead high-performing teams. Team Leadership is also a People Skills module on the BCS (ISEB) Advanced Diploma in Business Analysis.
If you’re leading a team in a high performance, fast changing environment you need to have the fundamental knowledge, skills and behaviours to help you succeed.
This Team Leadership course gives you these skills, focusing on the key areas of self-awareness and participative leadership. You will also learn how to use positive communication and to manage time and priorities. Finally, the course gives you the understanding, tools and techniques you need to build a high performing team and lead your team through change.
The final part of the course, designed in response to the recent increase in home working, focuses on leading, empowering virtual teams and looking after the health and well-being of remote workers.
Presented to you by our specialist management training partner, Skillsshift. Each of their expert training consultants brings substantial management and team leadership experience to the programme.
To give you more of an idea of what you’ll learn and how the course will help you, here’s a quick guide to those two days.
- Introducing Leadership & Management
- Self-awareness & Emotional Intelligence
- Participative Leadership
- Positive Communication
- Building High Performance Teams (Part 1)
- Building High Performance Teams (Part 2)
- Managing Time & Priorities
- Leading Teams Through Change
- Virtual Team Leadership
For virtual courses a printed copy of the latest edition of the comprehensive course manual will be sent to your home address in good time for the start of your course. Our delegates tell us that having access to a physical document is beneficial as both a reference document and for taking notes during the course. In addition, a link will be emailed to you to enable you to access an electronic copy of the same comprehensive manual for convenient future reference.
Yes. During this three day course you’ll receive all the training you need to prepare for the BCS Professional Certificate in Team Leadership examination. The examination for this certificate lasts for 90 minutes and consists of 40 scenario-based multiple-choice questions. The pass mark is 26/40 or 65%. A pass means you’re another step closer to achieving the BCS International Advanced Diploma in Business Analysis.
For delegates attending a classroom, virtual classroom or online course, the exam may be taken remotely using the BCS online proctoring service. This exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions with a pass mark of 26/40.
If this course is part of your BCS Advanced Diploma in Business Analysis programme you have a choice of further modules you can take including Business Architecture, Agile Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Advanced Requirements Engineering, Business Finance, Benefits Planning and Realisation and Stakeholder Engagement. The structure of the certification is shown here.
Team Leadership (a three-day course)
Introducing Leadership & Management
- Definitions of leadership and management
- Management behaviours – why they matter
- Role & responsibilities of a team leader
- Leadership styles, behaviours & traits
- Action centred leadership
- Leading by example
Self-awareness & Emotional Intelligence
- Understand others’ experience of us
- Gaining and using feedback to develop as a leader
- Concept of EQ
- Emotional intelligence competencies
- Develop management strategies
- Directive and non-directive styles of management
- Team engagement, motivation, development, and empowerment
- Situational Leadership
- The do’s and don’ts of delegation
- Building trust and respect
- Behaviour/Impact Cycle
- Voice, body language & words
- Communication styles: Assertive, Aggressive, Passive
Building High Performing Teams
- Definition of ‘performance’
- Team leader’s role in developing high performance
- Setting effective goals, objectives & measures
- Giving performance feedback
- Coaching for performance
- Dealing with under-performance
- Handling difficult conversations
Managing Time & Priorities
- Identifying priorities
- Managing your time effectively
- Making decisions & delegating
Leading Teams Through Change
- Understanding the effects of change on a team
- The Change Curve
- Communicating during change
- Planning and monitoring the implementation of change
Managing a Virtual and Remote Teams
- The Hybrid Workplace
- Using key best-practice models in a remote environment
- Communication strategies
- Empowerment, trust, motivation and performance
- Health and well-being
©Assist Knowledge Development Ltd.